POLICY & PROCEDURES
In order to ensure the best possible service, we would like for you to take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with our company policies and procedures. We
would also like for you to provide us with any information you feel that could help with our service.
Before the Delivery (Arrangements)
All orders MUST be paid in full prior to the delivery date scheduled. Delivery dates are scheduled upon purchase.
Specific days have been designated for selected areas; your furniture will be delivered on these specific days ONLY. We are unable to take special appointments or requests. Delivery time frame (1-hour delivery window) is based on the route and location of the address.
A JOY representative will contact you 2-3 days in advance prior to the delivery date to confirm the address, time, purchased items and furnish you with the team details should you require to register with the property management. We appreciate that you provide us the most accurate contact information to have a smooth delivery experience.
We realize your time is extremely valuable. We take pride that in fact our delivery teams will arrive at the destination most of the time within the 1-2 hours delivery window. Though we have updated you with targeted time frame, we cannot assure should there would be unexpected hiccups due to traffic and unforeseen circumstances.
We require a 48-hours’ notice for any changes to your sales order and delivery date prior to the delivery.
If you have missed the agreed delivery time, the team will only wait for 20 minutes and rush to the next appointment. It is necessary to reschedule for a new delivery date and the original delivery fess will be forfeited. There will be an additional delivery fees to reschedule the new delivery date.
Delivery fees charged per trip each time the truck delivers or collect items and it is non-refundable. This includes transportation, assembly and set up of merchandise to ONE address. Kindly take note that we DO NOT do disposal of existing furniture.
We appreciate to notify us of any special requirements to have a seamless experience. This includes but not limited to small trucks to navigation of narrow roads and driveways, driver & delivery person ID details, restricted delivery time frames due to local ordinance, loading lift reservation and property management requirements. Do ensure that the loading lift dimensions would be able to accommodate the purchased items. We would not be responsible should items are unable to fit in the loading lift. We offer an additional walk-up fee at RM100 per floor – chargers starts from level 4 and maximum floor is level 5.
We offer FREE holding storage for a maximum of THREE (3) months as per date of invoice. A surcharge of RM200 per month applies after the due date of failure
to arrange a delivery for your hold items.
During the Delivery
Our delivery team will contact customer 30 minutes prior to the truck’s arrival to meet you at the delivery address.
Upon arrival, you can expect our dedicated and professional team to position your items and remove all packing materials from the site. Kindly inform them should you wish to have the items remained in the packing. However, ensure to check the condition before signing the Delivery Order as we would not be responsible for any defects once the Delivery is acknowledged. By signing the Delivery Order means that the goods received is/are in good condition.
Prior to our arrival, please remove old furniture and clear pathways to ensure unobstructed access for our delivery team. Please be prepared by removing any protruding wall hangings, accent pieces or old furniture that may pose difficulties. Our DELIVERY TEAM will decide whether the pathway/stairways are safe to proceed or not, even though our sales person said it will. We will not move any existing furniture or electronics.
To protect wood, tile, carpet, or linoleum floors, please lay rugs, blankets or cardboard down for the delivery team. If the furniture is to be placed on wood floors, please place pieces of cloth or felt down under legs or casters to protect your floors. We are not responsible for damage to floors or cleaning carpets.
We will inspect all of your items with you to verify that it has been placed in your possession in good condition. Our delivery teams are dedicated employees and not a third-party source or contract workers.
The items you have purchased are carefully inspected, padded with heavy furniture quilts and securely loaded on our delivery truck to ensure it arrives in your home in showroom quality condition.
Customer must arrange to be home or have a responsible adult (18 years or older) there to accept and sign for delivery.
Delivery time frames may change from time to time due to unforeseen circumstances. We will provide the most up-to-date information for your order or contact you if circumstances change.
A team member will contact you via your phone number as listed in your contact details. Please ensure your contact details are up to date. If a team member has not contacted you by the expected delivery date, please contact us at 03 77321 477 (HQ) / 03 22011 504 (Bangsar)
Customers must inspect the items for damages/defects upon delivery/pick up. Damages must be notified within 24 hours. Faulty claims or refunds claims after 7 days of delivery will be treated as a warranty claim and, the customer will bear the delivery costs incurred in the claim process.
Please indicate to our sales associates that your order will be delivered to a freight forwarder. Additional delivery information is required to ensure accurate processing of your order if you decide to hire a 3rd party contractor or freight forwarder to accept, receive and sign the handover of items without the notations of visible defects of packaging, damaged items, or missing merchandise.
If you need to change your delivery date after you have finalised your purchase, contact our delivery department 48 hours prior to your scheduled delivery date, or you will be charged an additional delivery fee.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all furniture items will fit through all doorways, up stairwells, down halls, and around corners into the desired location before scheduling a delivery. We will not refund the delivery charges once we came for delivery and the items can’t fit the pathway/staircase, even though our sales person said it will.
Full payment or 70% deposit is required to secure the stocks and price and balance within 30 days upon date of purchase or prior to date of delivery.
AS-IS / CLEARANCE Items
1) As-Is items have no warranties and cannot be returned or exchanged for any reason.
2) All As-Is items must be picked up within 48 hours of purchase. Failure to pick up will result in cancellation of your order.
1) JOY accepts returns within seven (7) days of your receipt of an item, excluding bedding products and custom furniture. We DO NOT accept returns on mattresses, pillows or rugs. Not applicable of another platform checkout.
2) We reserve the right to refuse returns or exchanges of items that are as-new condition due to damaged or misused.
3) If the returned items require to be collected from your home, you will be charges a pickup fee. Your initial delivery fees is non-refundable. Amount paid at the time of purchase are final.
4) If you have a change of mind about a certain product and exchange for another, it is permissible for ONE time only. However, this does not apply to custom furniture.
5) Cancellations without a solid reason are not accepted after 48 hours of confirmation.
1) ALL SALES ARE FINAL; thus, refunds are unacceptable as agreed during the purchase. We can only accept exchange of products.
2) The process of getting a refund is within 14 working days from the issued date.
3) Customers must request refunds at the purchased platform (Zalora, shopee). We are not responsible for refunds on other platforms if you have purchased from them.
4) Refund only applicable for unresolve defective item, stock issue and delivery charges
1) Prices displayed on the JOY website or other platforms are quoted in MYR (Malaysian Ringgit) and are valid only in Malaysia, and this does not include delivery fees, which will be added to the total invoice price.
2) While we strive for 100% error free website, we do not guarantee that any content is accurate or complete, including price and product specifications. Should there be errors, they will be corrected in the system and the corrected price will be reflected in the order.
3) JOY reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions (including after an order has been submitted and accepted).
4) We do not guarantee that :
(a) the product or service on the website will be the same as the in-store prices (and vice versa);
(b) any promotion that is offered on the website will be available in-store (and vice versa); and
(c) any product or service that is offered for sale on the website will also be offered for sale in-store (and vice versa).
5) We reserve the right to adjust prices, products, products descriptions, services, service descriptions and special offers at any time and at our discretion.
Store Credit can be used to purchase any items. It can only be used for a One-time purchase and is valid for 90 days after it is being issued. Friends and family are able to use as long it is still valid.
Damage / Defects
Customers MUST inspect all items for defects/damages/cosmetic defects upon delivery/own pickup. Damages must be notified with 24 hours. Faulty claims or refunds claims after 7 days will be treated under warranty claim. Please contact 011 6545 1477 (Customer Service/After Sales), for damage claims. Some items require claims from our suppliers; hence will take time to process these claims. We appreciate your patience.
If the damage is too severe e.g., Missing parts, you have the right to refuse to accept the items.
If is recommended that all items are in their original packaging and not assembled in any way. Otherwise, a 20% repacking fees will apply if goods are not returned in their original state.
We will not replace that is being misused, broken, badly treated, missing parts or defects caused by you – failure to use in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, using it in an abnormal way or failure to take reasonable care.
If there is any part of our policies and procedures that you do not fully understand, please ask your sales person for additional information.
1) JOY manufacturer’s warranty is voided if the furniture is removed from the original address
2) The warranty is immediate effect upon purchase date. Any claims after 48 hours will be treated as warranty claims and delivery/pickup charges applies.
3) Two (2) years warranty covers ONLY on the manufacturing defects and structure. Cosmetic defects (chipped, scratches and discoloration) do not apply to the warranty. Please care for your furniture.
4) Products and parts will be replaced or repaired depending on the products circumstances solely at the management’s discretion.
All sofa cushions cores and foam will soften over time with normal use and will conform to the shape of the user. This is normal wear, and shall not be considered a loss of resiliency or manufacturing defect.
All upholstered fabric (sofas and dining chair covers) shall not be covered for tears, flattening or nap, piling, fading or shrinking and is not valid with heavy soiling and abuse evident.
Leather is a natural product, and as such each hide will reflect its own individuality. Some variations of shades and tone are expected, as are the nicks, scratches and wrinkles that only occur in genuine leather. The characteristic shall not be considered as defect.
VELVETS, VELVETS TYPE, PROTECTIVE FINISHES AND ORLON (ACRYLIC FIBER)
These fabrics by their nature are soft texture and will crush, shade and mark more easily than most fabrics. These characteristics shall not be considered as
defects. Avoid direct sunlight as this fabric may fade over time.
Any claims after 48 hours will be treated as warranty claims and delivery/pickup charges will be apllied.
Products will be repaired or replaced, depending on product circumstances and it is solely at the management discretion.